Sunday, August 9, 2009

Current Acting Project: Paragon

Well, I have to remember to get my full acting resume up here somewhere. I'd like it to be a permanent feature, if anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate the help. So for now I'm just going to tell you about my current acting. A few months ago I auditioned for a role in an Independent film being shot here in KC called Paragon (check out the Blog):

"PARAGON tells the story of Augustus Carr, a vigilante by night, as he seeks to stop a drug dealing madman known as "H" from completing a series of ritualistic murders that could bring about the end of civilization. Aiding Augustus in his search are his friends Corliss Erman (a homeless man who is immune to disease) and Erica Grant, an investigative reporter for the Kansas City Clarion."
It is being directed by Scott Kessler with Insert Creative Name Here Productions. This was my first movie audition ever, I was nervous as heck. I really didn't know what to expect, and afterwards I expected to be offered a role as an extra. Well I did a little better than that. I was offered the role of the Janitor. I would have 1 scene and about 4 lines. My reaction "I Have Lines!!!!", needles to say I was stoked.

Then last Sunday they were shooting a couple of scenes at a bar, and I had my godson for the weekend, so I figured I'd take him out to the shoot and let him see what goes on behind scenes, and maybe we could be extras! Apparently the Actor playing Stivviq (the bouncer of the bar) had not shown up, and no one had heard from him for a few weeks. Well Scott and our Fight Choreographer Terry were trying to figure out the fight scenes scheduled for the day, and who could take what hits/kicks/throws. It was here that I leaned over to Terry and offered my help, I let him know that I have fight choreography experience, and could take a hit if needed. That sealed it, I was then moved up to the role of Stivviq! A larger roll, just like that! That day we proceeded to shoot the fights which involved me charging the main character, Paragon (played by Steve Williams), and being picked up and Jack Knifed into the floor! Totally Awesome! Steve being the kind soul that he is insisted we use the thicker mats, I wasn't really concerned, but after doing the throw about 20 times in a row I was thankful. I was even happier the next day when I woke up and wasn't sore at all! Thanks Cliff and Elayna for all the fight training at Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are not only welcome but appreciated!