Friday, July 13, 2012

Pride in Work

I haven't always been the hardest worker, nor the best, but when I do, I take a certain amount of pride in my work. I've recently been reviewing some of my past jobs, and what I did while I was there. The one that has caught my attention the most was when I was a Partnership Developer at Plattform Advertising, specifically on the Self Growth Engine. For those that remember, that was the project that encouraged me to truly pursue an acting career.
Out of nostalgia I went and checked on the website to see how it has progressed in my absence. To my dismay, it has not. I can not find any articles added after I was let go (Dec. 2010). The only new content seems to be comments posted by scammers to drive traffic to completely unrelated websites. They do this in order to make their websites look like they have more people posting links, which makes Google think they are more popular than they really are.
I know that I have no real reason to be upset about this. But I put a lot of hard work and research into that project. So seeing it abandoned, and left to the whims of unethical spam companies hurts a little. That website had a great potential to help so many people, and now it's being used like a $5 whore in a frat house!
Sorry about the vulgarity, but it bothers me to see something that held such pride for me in that state of disuse.
If I could, I'd by that property, and fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I see the same thing at one if my former employer's sites. I spent so much time and learned so much from working it and now it's back to crap. It's hard to move in from something that you loved like that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are not only welcome but appreciated!