Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Started Classes!

Last night I returned to the CAS classroom to once again start taking classes! It was Commercial night! I had to do 2 Burger King commercials, and let me tell you, they’re harder than you think. One was a simple one liner, and it’s hard to not be robotic for a simple one line pitch. I came to the realization that I’m really good at doing something, and then doing the exact same thing over and over again. It’s not really a bad thing, but it can be hard when you’re expected to make each shoot a little different, and then on top of it all, to not think about it and just do it. One way or the other, it felt good to get back into the classroom again.

Oh, and before I forget, so you can see the new look, here’s head shot of the new do!

(no I wasn't supposed to smile, it was for a Modeling Gig!)

One thing that really stuck with me from last night was from the gift one of the other students gave to our teacher Brian Cutler. Apparently one of Brian’s favorite sayings is a quote from Laurence Olivier said to Dustin Hoffman (and apparently, after a Google search, from a lot of other people to other actors too!):

Don’t act. Just be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still getting used to you with long hair considering it was always short at Baker. I'm so happy for you and you getting to pursue your dreams. You are extremely talented and an all around great guy...miss ya lots :)

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straight it looks good. what does it look like curly? And I agree with the effort to not be robotic is work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are not only welcome but appreciated!